Species ID

WSDL-based programming interface for the DAVID Bioinformatic Resources

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 am

[color=#000080:post_uid8]Hello,

I'm new to DAVID but really like it so far, therefore I also tryed to use the Python client and it works pretty fine.

I'am just wondering what are the values you can assign for the species with setCurrentSpecies, I haven't found them so far.

Many Thanks

Jol[/color:post_uid8]

Re: Species ID

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 am

Hello,

i use the Java Client and would like to use the setCurrentSpecies() method, but could also not find the respective values.

Has anybody found them?

Many Thanks

Tim

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 am

I have been trying to use RDavid in R and also need to figure out how to change current species. As of now nothing works because it defaults to homo sapiens and says that none of my genes match. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us how to access these species numbers.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:53 am

You can use getSpecies() to list all the available species, usually they are coded as 0, 1,2,...
and you can use getCurrentSpecies() to list the current species
if you want to change the current species you can use setCurrentSpecies(), and you should use the code 0, 1, or 2,... as the argument.

Also you should test the functions by manually uploading the list to the DAVID web site to ensure there are no exceptions in analyzing your lists and you should get same results from the web services for the same data given the same arguments.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 am

Taking example from the demo (chartReport.pl), printed results are shown in red text:
#list all species names
my $allSpecies= $soap ->getSpecies()->result;
print "\nAll species: \n$allSpecies\n";
All species:
Homo sapiens(375)

#list current species names
my $currentSpecies= $soap ->getCurrentSpecies()->result;
print "\nCurrent species: \n$currentSpecies\n";
Current species:

#set user defined species
#my $species = $soap ->setCurrentSpecies("1")->result;

Questions:
1) I suppose 375 is the number of DAVID IDs?
2) From the demo and my own data, I can only get 1 species while using getSpecies().
I wonder what is the separator/delimiter to separate species if there are more than one species returned from getSpecies().

Return to DAVID Web Services